Over 50 years serving the upstate!
McMahan Shoes, originally founded by John McMahan, began fitting customers in 1948. The McMahan brothers opened nine stores across the Southeast from Dallas, TX to Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, GA. The Greenville, SC store was opened in 1958 by Milton (Milt) McMahan. George Psillas started working for Milt in 1965 and later became manager of the new McMahan Shoes in Spartenburg which opened its doors in 1968. George is the owner and trusted Pedorthist in the only McMahan Shoes store left in the country. Come see George today in Spartanburg!
George Psillas, owner and trusted Pedorthist in Spartanburg.
George fits just one of the thousands of children that have
been fitted at McMahan Shoes in Spartanburg.
The first Pedorthist
Announcing the future home of McMahan Shoes in 1968.
McMahan Shoes, 249 East Main Street, Spartanburg.
Opening day atMcMahan Shoes in Spartanburg, July 10th, 1968.
George Psillas works on shoe orders in 1968.
Times have changed...
McMahan's through the years!
McMahan Shoes opened originally in July of 1968,
at 245 East Main in Spartanburg, SC.
Spring display window, early 1970's.
Milt McMahan in the Greenville McMahan Shoes.
McMahan Shoes in the 249 East Main Street location. Circa, early 1990's.
McMahan Shoes at night. Early 1970's.
McMahan Shoes stock room, 1968.